Saturday, October 31, 2009

And So It Begins...

INEVITABLY, when starting up a blog or anything of the kind, I end up writing a lot of rubbish that generally begins with "Well Now" and "I can't believe".

But this time I've vowed it's going to be different.

I love writing. I'm not sure that I'm particularly good at it, or that I'll ever be able to make a career out of it. What I do know is there's nothing like practice, especially when that practice is so very enjoyable. And so, I have decided to start up a blog where I can post fragments of upcoming stories, new chapters, and of course my many experimentations with different styles, genres, and plotlines. Will it make for compelling reading? Who knows? What I do know is that I intend to have a lot of fun doing it.

In the interests of reducing confusion, all chapters/writings will be posted in the Georgia font, while all of my regular, everyday posts, such as this, will be posted in the current font. Chapters and other writings will (provided I don't get too lazy) be posted with a small image or header so that they can be recognised.

And now, my friends, it's time to set sail, onwards, to the great wide horizon of storytelling. As you gaze into the dephs of the mundane mirror, I trust you will find, in time, that perhaps... it is not so mundane after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment